Sunday 20 March 2016

The fruitless rummage.

A stranger had a dig through my car earlier in the week.

I can't call it a break-in as in truth, we may have inadvertently left the car open after unpacking from the long weekend. It's also parked on the street so I guess that combination was irresistible for someone.

Sass jumped in the next day and wondered why all the service books were scattered over the front seat. I noticed the contents of the console was over mine. It was very slim pickings.

The only things stolen were my out of date prescription glasses (the case was way cooler than the glasses) and my spare sunglasses.

I suspect my business partner.

She did once threaten to dissolve the business should I be so brazen as to wear said sunglasses to the Spring Carnival races with clients - just because they came out of a $10 show bag. I've actually found a picture of the exact one!

It was the last day of the show so they were flogging two bags for the $20. You got to choose one hat, one pair of glasses, one scarf and one carry bag... oh the pressure!!! I chose the heavier, matt rimmed glasses which were the ones that were nicked. (BTW, the black floppy hat was too tight so has recently been sent to charity and Sass claimed the grey scarf.)



You'd have wonder how trying to sell those for a spot of cash went. That would have been worth witnessing.

On the upside, the culprit left behind my umbrella, the first aid kit, a pile of 5c coins, mints, a mini perfume, my coffee card and heaps of other small essentials that they obviously deemed worthless but would have been annoying to have lost. They also left the drawer under the driver's seat open, which was a bonus because I never knew there was a drawer there!! If there was some treasure in it from the previous owner, I'll never know.

No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...