Monday 3 March 2014

Take It Elsewhere

I recently posted about a fight on the street that I witnessed through the window from my desk. The one where I was forced to stride out and use my Angry Mother Voice. Well, there's more going on in the street that I need to share.

I first noticed this routine over six months ago and have seen it repeated on several occasions. Here's what happens:
  • A tradie, probably in his late 30s, pulls up in front of our next door neighbour's house 
  • He gets out and goes to the cafe on the corner and buys two coffees and couple of muffins (well, I assume they're muffins. The cafe does do an excellent raspberry and white chocolate muffin. But whatever he buys is in a brown paper bag - so I don't really know. It could be the almond croissants - they're also very good.)
  • He goes back to his truck and starts reading the paper
  • A woman - also in her 30s - parks her car outside my neighbour's house over the road
  • She gets out, crosses the road and gets in the truck
Now call me suspicious but I don't think it's his sister.

If it were, why would they not just meet in the cafe?

And why is she almost sitting on his lap? In fact, I think sometimes she is. Sometimes they even drive off together and return so she can get back in her car and drive off.

I can only assume they're not from around here which is why they've elected to conduct their sordid little affair in our street. In fact, let's not even call it an affair - it sounds far too romantic - it's cheating. And if they are both free and single, do they really need to 'hook up' (as the kids of today say) during business hours??

And they're not easily deterred - you know me - I've hardly been subtle in my 'noticing' of their activity. They're resilient, I'll give them that. So far I have:
  • Twice stood at the boot of my car - right in front of his bonnet - and glared at them as her head seemed to appear from his lap (dear god...) as I've unpacked groceries 
  • Stood on our front porch and pointed them out to the gardener 
  • Stood on the nature strip and pointed them out to Mandy, my business partner as we packed the car for the races last year
  • Stood at the front gate and pointed them out to Geoff and any passing neighbour
  • Pointed them out to Eleanor and she can give a filthy look - trust me - I've been on the receiving end on many an occasion and I was scared
So if it's you, please, take it somewhere else. Or I will take a photo and share it on this blog, Facebook Instagram, Pintrest, Google+ and Twitter.


No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...