Friday 20 July 2012

The Verge of Hysteria

Within hours of posting the Appliance Plague, the treadmill blew up. Not exactly my favourite appliance but the one that probably keeps me sane. It was like it was invaded by a gremlin. One minute it was fine, the next it was getting faster and faster - which was very disconcerting! I hit 'Pause' and then 'Start' and instead of its usual slow buildup, it went from zero to 14km ph in less that 3 seconds. Hmmm. On and off again. Same thing. Then nothing.

I found the six year warranty, which of couse expired about 8 weeks ago. I'm always impressed how they get those warranties so accurate!! And always just a smidge after - never before.

I logged on to a local repair company, opting for their 'Deluxe' service which includes a rental while they fix your treadmill. I had spoken to the retailer and explained it was probably the circuit board. The lovely Maria called me shortly after to say don't waste your money - your treadmill is not worth fixing. Very sad.

Now, my email is down. In fact, it's been down for 3 days. I'm just now getting email in - but none is going out . You've probably noticed but to be really effective, email is a two way thing. So, here I am, trying to run my own business from home with no email. I'm ready to scream. I've called several people and wasted hours trying to fix it. I waiver between crying and screaming. It's sooooo frustrating!!!

So please, spare a thought for my poor business partner, Mandy, who has to be in my company with no running and no email. It's not pretty.....

2 comments:

Laverite said...

Saw the movie on Wednesday. Hysteria, that is. Perhaps the filmmakers would recommend you solve your current dilemma with another sort of appliance. Just a thought.

Blackerj122 said...

ooooooh I can so relate. was without phone and internet for a couple of weeks and Optus were so efficient in their assistance [ not ] Try dealing with the staff on their service fault helpline. I could give them more than a few pointers on writing help desk scripts - would include a little more than " turn it off, turn it on" When you have done that a squillion times and they just keep repeating scripted lines HELP is definitely required.

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...