Thursday 7 July 2011

Cool.... or creepy?


I had that new Shellac put on for my son’s 18th party (actually, in truth because the little one had a party at the shopping centre and I had to fill a couple of hours) and that lasted 4 weeks. Which I reckon was pretty good. The colours aren’t quite as perfect my Chanel, which is a down side, but the lack of chipping – even when scrubbing baking dishes -  is well worth the compromise.

But the gel had to come off, so I signed up to get that done and the new nail wraps put on. They’re like stickers that need to be heated and then applied with pressure using a little rubber instrument.




It’s taken me a few days to get used to them. At a glance, it does look like my nails have been ripped from their cosy, warm little beds and replaced with slim pieces of metal.

Willy at work suggested I could perform surgery bare-handed. I suggested I could slit his throat with one flick of my finger – Terminator style.
[We have that kind of relationship. We used to work together – in truth, I was his boss. One day he decided to ‘Reply All’ to an all-staff email asking if anyone had any work experience kids because they needed some menial help.
“Mother Who Works could help. She’s not very good but what she lacks in ability, she makes up with enthusiasm.”
In revenge, I also hit ‘Reply All’ with:
“Willy, you’re fired.”]

We went to a party on Saturday night and the only person who was fascinated by these strange new nails was the waitress….

I think I like them…what do you reckon? Cool? Or creepy?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with Willy - perhaps you could try some work experience in surgery! It is cool that they match the jewellery but you would have to remove that to operate.

Anonymous said...

You could also hold them over the end of lamb racks to stop the pointy bits from burning. I think they do new teeth that colour ... I am sure they are in a Bond movie.

But they are definitely cool! Where at Chaddy did you get them done? Have to say I bought the new Chanel Black Pearl and it seems to last longer ... but maybe it was because I was away from home and didn't dirty them with house duties.

Anonymous said...

Cool... or Creepy? Trend setters walk that line. Your attitude that makes it cool.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Where did you get them done? Jane

Mother Who Works said...

Thanks for all the comments everyone. If you're interested, the product is called Minx and you can have it done at Onyx which is in Toorak Road, South Yarra. It costs $50 - although it cost me $60 - I'm assuming because they had to take the gel ones off first. MWWx

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...